- 在国外度过一个学期 在阿库雷里 on the northeast coast of 冰岛. You'll be studying in 冰岛's second-largest urban area surrounded by mountains and fjords.
- Enjoy life outside of class with a variety of cultural activities, local field trips, and excursions.
- Experience 冰岛ic culture through your daily life in and around 阿库雷里 and the rest of the country.
- Take courses to fulfill your core curriculum or major requirements with courses in the humanities, 海洋科学, 经济学, and international relations, 用英语教.
Located in the North-Atlantic ocean, the stunning island nation of 冰岛 is the world’s most peaceful nation, a fact visible in the country’s unique Nordic culture, 崎岖的风景, and strong sense of tradition. 阿库雷里, nicknamed “The Green Town”, is located in northeast 冰岛 and is the nation’s second-largest urban area. It is surrounded by mountains at the head of 冰岛’s longest fjord, Eyjafjörður.
阿库雷里 is the site of a robust cultural scene, a beautiful waterfront downtown area, 一个热情好客的社区. As an exchange student at the University of 阿库雷里, UNE students live and take classes in a variety of subjects at the university while experiencing all that the unique country of 冰岛 has to offer.
UNE will work with the University of 阿库雷里 to determine suitable housing options. The exact type and location of housing is based on availability each semester and is typically a shared student apartment or guesthouse with whom the University of 阿库雷里 collaborates.
You'll begin your study abroad experience before even leaving home by participating in information sessions and a Pre-Departure 取向 with the 全球 Education Program staff. The orientation allows students to connect with others in the group, reflect on what they want to get out of the program and learn what others in the group would like to accomplish.
The UNE 冰岛 program 在阿库雷里 offers a curriculum that meets the needs of a broad range of undergraduate majors. 人文学科课程, 海洋科学, 经济学, and international relations allow students to take the courses they need, 用英语教, while experiencing life in a different culture.
- Support from on-site staff at the University of 阿库雷里
- On-campus extracurricular activities, gym, and workshops
- Pre-departure and on-site orientation program
You'll spend 16-18 weeks 在阿库雷里. Fall semester students arrive in 冰岛 in late August and return home in mid-December. Spring semester students arrive in 冰岛 at the beginning of January and return home in mid-May.
学生 are required to have a 2.5最低绩点. No 冰岛ic language experience is necessary, and all majors are welcome. 学生 should bring their own laptops.
You'll keep all UNE scholarships and financial aid, and you'll be billed the same tuition as for a traditional on-campus semester.